By Paul Erdkamp
- An large account of the Roman military, from its beginnings to its transformation within the later Roman Empire
- Examines the military as an army desktop – its recruitment, education, association, strategies and weaponry
- Explores the connection of the military to Roman politics, economics and society extra broadly
- Considers the geography and weather of the lands during which the Romans fought
- Each bankruptcy is written through a number one specialist in a specific subfield and takes account of the most recent scholarly and archaeological examine in that area
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Roman Army (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best ancient history books
What did girls do in historical Greece and Rome? Did Socrates' spouse Xanthippe ever listen his dialogues on attractiveness and fact? what percentage many girls truly learn the histories of Herodotus and Thucydides? whilst pagan goddesses have been as robust as gods, why was once the prestige of girls commonly so low? Why, in conventional histories, is part the inhabitants successfully invisible?
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2007 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, word: 2,0, Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen (Philosophisches Seminar), Veranstaltung: Die Soldatenkaiser, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Das Phänomen der Soldatenkaiser fällt in das krisenbehaftete three.
During this booklet, in demand historians observe Mediterranean paradigms to Classical Mediterranean Antiquty (Greece and Rome), taking into consideration a brand new method of the traditional international and embellishing antiquity's relevance to the knowledge of alternative ancient sessions in addition to our modern global. This publication was once formerly released as a different factor of the magazine Mediterranean ancient assessment.
The 15 articles during this quantity are devoted to the research of basic cultural advancements among overdue Antiquity and the Early center a long time. Archaeologists and historians provide new views on valuable and Western Europe which don't easily polarise among Romans and Germans. principal topics are the connection among old experiences and archaeology, the beginnings of the Early center a long time, the archaeology of early medieval “peoples”, the function of burials, in addition to alternate and alternate.
- (Vor-)Stufen der Schrift: Informationsvermittlung in Höhlenmalereien: Ein Vergleich (German Edition)
- Sparta: Rise of a Warrior Nation
- Die Nachfolge des Augustus: Eine Ausnahmeregelung und ihr Weg zum Verfassungsgrundsatz (German Edition)
- The Early Germans (The Peoples of Europe)
- The City in Late Antiquity (Leicester-Nottingham Studies in Ancient Society)
Extra resources for A Companion to the Roman Army (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Roman Army (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Paul Erdkamp