By Andrew Zissos
- Includes contributions from over dozen Classical reviews students equipped into six thematic sections
- Illustrates how fiscal, social, and cultural forces interacted to create quite a few social worlds inside of a composite Roman empire
- Concludes with a sequence of appendices that offer designated chronological and demographic details and an intensive thesaurus of terms
- Examines the Flavian Age extra greatly and inclusively than ever earlier than incorporating insurance of usually overlooked teams, comparable to girls and non-Romans in the Empire
Read or Download A Companion to the Flavian Age of Imperial Rome (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
What did ladies do in old Greece and Rome? Did Socrates' spouse Xanthippe ever listen his dialogues on attractiveness and fact? what percentage many ladies truly learn the histories of Herodotus and Thucydides? while pagan goddesses have been as strong as gods, why was once the prestige of girls in most cases so low? Why, in conventional histories, is part the inhabitants successfully invisible?
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2007 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, observe: 2,0, Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen (Philosophisches Seminar), Veranstaltung: Die Soldatenkaiser, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Das Phänomen der Soldatenkaiser fällt in das krisenbehaftete three.
During this ebook, favourite historians observe Mediterranean paradigms to Classical Mediterranean Antiquty (Greece and Rome), making an allowance for a brand new method of the traditional global and embellishing antiquity's relevance to the certainty of different old classes in addition to our modern international. This e-book used to be formerly released as a unique factor of the magazine Mediterranean old evaluate.
The 15 articles during this quantity are devoted to the research of basic cultural advancements among past due Antiquity and the Early center a while. Archaeologists and historians supply new views on principal and Western Europe which don't easily polarise among Romans and Germans. valuable subject matters are the connection among historic reviews and archaeology, the beginnings of the Early center a while, the archaeology of early medieval “peoples”, the position of burials, in addition to exchange and trade.
- Thucydides (Cambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought)
- The African-American Family Reunion
- Politische Ordnung in der römischen Republik (Enzyklopädie der griechisch-römischen Antike) (German Edition)
- Coinage and History of the Roman Empire: C 82 BC - AD 480
- Julian's Gods: Religion and Philosophy in the Thought and Action of Julian the Apostate
- We Were Kings, Queens, Emperors, Messiahs, Disciples, and Saints
Additional resources for A Companion to the Flavian Age of Imperial Rome (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Flavian Age of Imperial Rome (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Andrew Zissos